Job Reference: R0017284
Are you a Senior Claims Adjuster looking to join a leading Claims team in the city ?
This is an opportunity to be a Senior Claims Adjuster within the Management & Transactional Liability, Cyber and TMT claims team.
What part will you play? If you’re looking for a place where you can make a meaningful difference, you’ve found it. The work we do at Markel gives people the confidence to move forward and seize opportunities, and you’ll find your fit amongst our global community of optimists and problem-solvers. We’re always pushing each other to go further because we believe that when we realize our potential, we can help others reach theirs.
Join us and play your part in something special!
The claims team works collaboratively alongside the underwriting function in order to facilitate close communication and exchange of ideas.
The Management & Transactional Liability, Cyber and TMT claims team handles claims for multiple underwriting teams within Wholesale Claims. This includes a broad range of UK and international claims arising from Directors and Officers, Warranty and Indemnity, Cyber, Technology Professional Indemnity, Media Professional Indemnity and Intellectual Property policies.What you’ll be doing:
- Handle high value, complex claims across all classes of business within the team, in line with the MINT claims philosophy, reserving philosophy, Markel Style and Claims Handling Manual
- Work with Managing Agents and service providers in multiple jurisdictions.
- Support the Claims Managers and other senior leaders in the development and implementation of the Claims Business Plan and strategy of MINT
- Help train, support and guide all team members in their claims handling.
- Be collaborative in your approach by sharing any improvements with the other team members or claims teams
- Maintain good working relationships with the underwriting team, Actuarial team and Outwards Reinsurance Team
- Provide feedback on claims experiences, contract wordings (including policy wording), claims data or feedback for any renewal to the Claims Managers and underwriters
- Drive team broker interaction to deliver a more customer focused and value adding service, including supporting an organised broker interaction program on an annual basis
- Should have previous experience handing some (but there is no need to have handled all) of the classes of business within the team
- Have experience supervising and training more junior team members
- Have experience of using ECF and an understanding of London market critical metrics
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrate strong team work
- Possess strong independent organisational skills
- Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Who we are:
Markel Group (NYSE – MKL) a Fortune 500 company with over 60 offices in 20+ countries, is a holding company for insurance, reinsurance, specialist advisory and investment operations around the world.
We’re all about people | We win together | We strive for better | We enjoy the everyday | We think further
What’s in it for you?
- A great starting salary plus an annual bonus and a strong benefits package…
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to buy/sell extra leave
- Fantastic company pension scheme, private medical and dental cover, life assurance, travel insurance cover, income protection, season ticket loan as well as other great benefits on offer
- There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career and we can provide the support needed to do just that!
Are you ready to play your part?
Choose ‘Apply Now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you. We are also happy to consider candidates who are looking for flexible working patterns.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer which means we want to ensure that you have a positive experience applying for a role at Markel and are able to perform at your best. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you at every stage please email firstname.lastname@example.org