Salary: Dep on exp + annual bonus + benefits
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Technician to contribute towards the delivery of the Accounts Department’s objectives by acting as a senior member of our Accounts team. As Senior Accounts Technician you will ensure that all reporting is completed accurately and on time and to support more junior members in completing their work. You be an expert in your area with excellent knowledge of systems and processes and being the go-to person for queries as well as stepping up in the absence of the Team Leader.
This is a great opportunity for someone who perhaps already has experience in delegation of work, coaching and mentoring as well as build on their existing Finance and Accounts career within a large, global organisation.
We are also pleased to be able to offer financial study support to candidates who are part-way through their Accountancy qualifications
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reporting in accordance with deadlines and standards
- Develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers, understanding their needs and ensuring their output meets their requirements
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing input and challenge on changes that will have an impact on the accounting processes
- Build an effective Control Framework for your area, ensuring all reconciliations and controls are completed accurately and on-time
- Support the Team Leader by mentoring junior members of staff, acting as a referral point for queries and covering when the Team Leader is away
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements within the team to increase efficiency and accuracy
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience working within an Finance/Accounts team
- Ability to mentor and assist junior members of the team
- Excellent understanding of the business systems that are used for the teams’ work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of other Office applications
- Understand how the business areas operate and how this translates into the financial transactions
- Good knowledge of the SAP and Bex systems
- Part-Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA, ACA
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working.
- Annual performance related bonus (eligibility rules apply)
- Contributory pension scheme
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.