Convex is looking to find a talented individual to join the Operations & Technology function. The team are looking for someone who has a keen interest in programme development, as well as building strong relationships.
- Work across different business functions to identify technology requirements
- Assess the technology maturity of project teams and assist improvement where appropriate
- Be actively involved in working groups with business stakeholders to understand key technology challenges and requirements
- Update and contribute to improvements in technology tools
- Develop key systems with either Python or Typescript development skills
- Be an evangelist for the technology team
- Work as a part of project teams to deliver outcomes driven by agile methodology
- Ability to effectively report progress and provide transparency to stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Continuous improvement mindset
• 30 days’ Annual Leave
• Annual Bonus Eligibility
• Birthday Leave
• 10% Employer Pension Contribution
• Private Health Insurance Medical Cover
• Life Assurance Cover
• Annual Health Check
• 3 days of Volunteer Leave each year
• 10 days of help with care (elder/ childcare) through Bright Horizons
• Give as You Earn
• Cycle to Work
• Season Ticket Loan
• Full support with Professional Development Qualifications
• £1,300 Learning & Wellbeing Wallet
About Convex Insurance
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We have also welcomed leaders in their fields from across the insurance industry, bringing a diversity of thought and approach.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation
Everything we do affects how others see us. Our success depends upon our reputation, for which all of us share responsibility.
Straightforward and fair
We tell it like it is, with fairness, dignity and respect. We strive to do the right thing always, however hard it seems.
Determined to improve
However good we are, we are not complacent. We know we can always be better and we never stop trying to improve.
Inspired by opportunity
We come to the market and to every client engagement without baggage. There is no limit to what we can achieve together.
Enjoy being different
We feel positive about change and we are not afraid to try new things in our quest for a better way for clients, stakeholders and colleagues to do business.