Convex is looking for a graduate to join our Underwriting team who would love to help build the insurance portfolio of the future.
Given the rapidly developing landscape, the successful candidate is expected to participate in a wide range of tasks within the function and across the business. This will be within one of our many lines of business (e.g., Property, Energy, Aviation, Marine, Casualty) and include working closely with other teams within Convex such as Claims, Portfolio Optimisation (actuarial, pricing, etc.), Operations, Legal and Compliance.
Underwriters are responsible for risk evaluation, pricing and acceptance in building and managing a portfolio of insurance risks.
The successful candidate will have a varied role and will include a variety of tasks working with members of the team to support:
· Preparing for and supporting Underwriters in broker meetings and negotiations.
· Learning the technical aspects of pricing and insurance terms and conditions alongside and within the Underwriting team.
· Understanding market and competitor dynamics.
· Preparing and analysing management information and reporting relating to specific risks and portfolios of risk. This may include verbal and formal presentations to Underwriters and Underwriting Managers.
· Liaison with operations on data entry and checking.
· Housekeeping, portfolio monitoring, renewal diary management and other administrative tasks.
• 30 days’ Annual Leave
• Annual Bonus Eligibility
• Birthday Leave
• 10% Employer Pension Contribution
• Private Health Insurance Medical Cover
• Life Assurance Cover
• Annual Health Check
• 3 days of Volunteer Leave each year
• 10 days of help with care (elder/ childcare) through Bright Horizons
• Give as You Earn
• Cycle to Work
• Season Ticket Loan
• Full support with Professional Development Qualifications
• £1,300 Learning & Wellbeing Wallet
About Convex Insurance
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We have also welcomed leaders in their fields from across the insurance industry, bringing a diversity of thought and approach.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation
Everything we do affects how others see us. Our success depends upon our reputation, for which all of us share responsibility.
Straightforward and fair
We tell it like it is, with fairness, dignity and respect. We strive to do the right thing always, however hard it seems.
Determined to improve
However good we are, we are not complacent. We know we can always be better and we never stop trying to improve.
Inspired by opportunity
We come to the market and to every client engagement without baggage. There is no limit to what we can achieve together.
Enjoy being different
We feel positive about change and we are not afraid to try new things in our quest for a better way for clients, stakeholders and colleagues to do business.