A career in Human Resources (HR) or the People Team as we are known, involves working with people within an organisation to help them succeed in their roles and supports the overall success of the Company.
HR includes recruiting new employees, training and developing existing employees, managing employee benefits and payroll and continually coming up with new ideas about how to make Convex a great place to work.
Working in our People Team is a great career for someone who has strong communication and problem solving skills, is highly creative, proactive and is interested in understanding what motivates people.
Our People Team is looking for an individual who will be passionate about creating a positive experience for Convexians (yes, that’s what we call ourselves) to learn, grow, have fun and do great work with people they like and respect.
The People Team is focused on building our client’s favourite insurer, creating an exceptional employee experience and ensuring we have flawless HR execution in everything we do.
This role will support all aspects of the employee life cycle across the ownership organisation and further support excellent employee experience as the business evolves, grows and matures.
This is an exciting opportunity to really make an impact and help shape an innovative People agenda for Convex.
A very collaborative and down to earth working style is important within the team as this role will work hand in hand with all other members of the team.
The successful candidate will be very comfortable in a progressive, fast paced and agile working environment. The successful candidate will embody the Convex values.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Working closely with the Convex HR team across all elements of the employee life cycle, including talent acquisition, total reward, performance management, talent management and learning & development.
- Working closely with our outsourced HR Operations function to ensure flawless HR execution of operational activities, such as employment offers, changes to terms & conditions
- Supporting with key recruitment activities on the end to end process, including liaising with our internal recruitment teams
- Supporting to develop a creative and fresh talent management and learning & development approach
- Supporting with people metrics & reporting
- Championing and supporting the diversity & inclusion strategy in all elements of the employee life cycle.
- Supporting the delivery of an excellent onboarding experience for all new employees
- Understand needs of business and be brand ambassador of Convex.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves, raise your hand and help to deliver
· Creative, enthusiastic, not forgetting a great sense of humour!
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Good excel skills
· Highly organised with good attention to detail
• 30 days’ Annual Leave
• Annual Bonus Eligibility
• Birthday Leave
• 10% Employer Pension Contribution
• Private Health Insurance Medical Cover
• Life Assurance Cover
• Annual Health Check
• 3 days of Volunteer Leave each year
• 10 days of help with care (elder/ childcare) through Bright Horizons
• Give as You Earn
• Cycle to Work
• Season Ticket Loan
• Full support with Professional Development Qualifications
• £1,300 Learning & Wellbeing Wallet
About Convex Insurance
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We have also welcomed leaders in their fields from across the insurance industry, bringing a diversity of thought and approach.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation
Everything we do affects how others see us. Our success depends upon our reputation, for which all of us share responsibility.
Straightforward and fair
We tell it like it is, with fairness, dignity and respect. We strive to do the right thing always, however hard it seems.
Determined to improve
However good we are, we are not complacent. We know we can always be better and we never stop trying to improve.
Inspired by opportunity
We come to the market and to every client engagement without baggage. There is no limit to what we can achieve together.
Enjoy being different
We feel positive about change and we are not afraid to try new things in our quest for a better way for clients, stakeholders and colleagues to do business.