Location: Guildford (hybrid)
Salary: Dep on exp + annual bonus + bens
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team (FP&A). In this role you will be a subject matter expert on market position/assessment, conduct research and analysis to inform business decision-making and be able to translate how this impacts future opportunities.
The role will span across Allianz Holdings (Allianz Personal, Allianz Commercial and Allianz Speciality) and you will have the opportunity to get involved in a diverse range of work. This will suit a fully qualified accountant (we may consider part-qualified depending on relevant insurance experience) looking to progress their career within financial services and be part of a global organisation.
- Identifying Allianz Holding’s strengths and weaknesses, risks and opportunities as well as growth and improvements through working with Finance and non-Finance teams
- Providing business insight through competitor and market analysis, including review of competitor results, market development and legislative changes
- Improving business insight through the collation of data across the organisation and linking the data through to companies plan and strategy
- Supporting the Head of FP&A with the coordination of Plan activity across the business
- Supporting the wider FP&A team on the delivery of Plan, Reporting and Forecasting cycles
- Refine, enhance and manage the monthly and quarterly result cycle with focus on consolidation of the UK result and Group deliverables
- Developing and providing regular value add management information to senior stakeholders and Group colleagues to aid decision making
- Supporting in the coordination and production of the annual Planning cycle and regular forecasting
- Challenging the business on the robustness of Plan and forecast assumptions to ensure financial performance is optimised
- Insurance and/or FP&A background (critical to role)
- IT literate including MS office
- Strong analysis skills, manipulation and interpretation of data
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables & lookups, sumifs etc
- PowerPoint / presentation software
- Diligent, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry and insurance P&L (knowledge of IFRS 17/9 would be advantageous)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Highly numerate with attention to detail
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
- Willingness to challenge and critically analyse information
- Fully-qualified Accountant – ideal
- Excellent written and spoken English
What we will offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Group Income Protection
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Flexible working arrangements
- A discount of up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our ways of working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow