Location: Guildford or Bournemouth (hybrid)
Salary: Dep on exp + annual bonus + car allowance + bens
Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.
As part of ongoing integration we are looking to recruit an Expense Reporting Manager to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team (FP&A): The role will span across Allianz Holdings (Allianz Personal and Allianz Commercial) with a focus on expense management across the organisation. The role will focus on ensuring clear and transparent expense reporting and management across the organisation with a key focus on harmonisation and standardisation across the Allianz UK business. Success will be dependant on the clear articulation and reporting insight over the circa £600m cost base and providing insight to deliver expense ratio improvement opportunities through analytical and reporting enhancement. This will suit a fully qualified accountant with insurance and experience in delivering strong business insight over expense management.
- Lead the transformation and development of expense reporting to provide granular business insight and transparency on expenditure across the AZH UK to senior stakeholders and Group colleagues to aid decision making. This will include the development of brilliant basic quick wins and transformation delivery onto a central EPM solution
- Integrate all expense reporting into a central location to deliver operational and reporting efficiencies
- Lead the monthly and quarterly expense cycle with focus on consolidation of the UK performance and Group deliverables
- Monthly and quarterly presentation of results to Exco and wider stakeholder groups, with close collaboration across team and functions to support robust strategic decision making
- Management and coordination of the annual expense budgeting Plan cycle and regular forecasting
- Challenge the business on the robustness of Plan and forecast assumptions to ensure optimum financial performance
- Drive further business insights with value-add analysis, expense benchmarking, including review of competitor results, market development and legislative changes
- Support the wider FP&A function with Group requests, analysis and consolidation across Allianz UK Group
- Key member of FP&A and Finance Leadership team
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualified experience (essential)
- Strong people management experience in a large insurance entity and working in a matrix environment
- Proven track record of delivering change
- Strong analysis skills and interpretation of data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry and insurance P&L (knowledge of IFRS 17/9 would be advantageous)
- Highly numerate with attention to detail
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
- Willingness to challenge and critically analyse information
What We Will Offer You
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Group Income Protection
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Flexible working arrangements
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join us - Let’s Care for Tomorrow.