Job Reference: 4722
Reports To : As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Exposure Management, Property Risk Underwriters, Pricing, Capital Modelling Team, Ceded RI Team
Job Summary: Assist the Reporting Lead to provide effective Catastrophe reporting for Property Risks Exposure Management, including the maintenance of the Catastrophe Module of the internal model.
- Assist the reporting for external stakeholders and regulatory reporting; Lloyds’ Capital Model (LCM), AM Best Questionnaire, S&P Questionnaire, CBI, PRA and Lloyds
- Liaise with the underwriting and capital modelling teams to maintain and coordinate the assumptions for all underwriting teams for the catastrophe module of the internal model
- Monthly running of the catastrophe module of the internal model in Remetrica
- Assist with the effective and efficient transfer of data from Exposure Management to Property Risks pricing tools
- Provide data to underwriters to assist in pricing and portfolio optimisation
- Presentation of data to underwriters and management in an easily digestible format
- Assist with ad hoc data requests
- Interact with underwriting support functions, including data management, pricing, capital modelling, ceded reinsurance, claims, risk management and compliance.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to ‘A’ Level or equivalent
- Graduate with a degree from any discipline
- Actuarial background preferred but not essential
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate with attention to detail;
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills;
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise;
- Motivational skills;
- Ability to work in a matrix management structure;
- Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative.
Knowledge and Experience
- Commercial Property Insurance experience
- Strong computer skills – Advanced Excel, VBA, SQL, R Studio, Power BI
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focused
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with internal and external clients.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Competence/expertise
- Concern for Quality and Accuracy
- Team Work
- Impact and Influence
- Conceptual Thinking
- Time Management