Job Reference: 5619
Job Title: Internal communications and engagement delivery lead - Finance
Division: Culture & People
Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Finance Internal Communications Business Partner, Finance Leadership Team (FLT), Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and wider finance teams including Global Business Management, Reporting & Corporate Finance, Finance Operations, Finance Change and Data; Actuarial; Culture & People
Support our Finance function improve the way we connect and interact with our people and other business units within Beazley, setting the team up for success to manage this themselves in the future by embedding a strong framework. You will be part of the wider Internal Communications, Culture & Employee Engagement team within Culture & People while working directly with the Finance Internal Comms Business partner, Finance Leadership Team and their teams globally on your areas of responsibility. The individual in this role will support the development and implementation of communications approach and plan to help drive our business priorities and employee engagement within Finance.
- Work with the FLT and Finance Internal Comms Business partner to deliver their internal communications strategy, guiding and assisting their leadership teams to deliver impactful communications and widen the opportunity for two-way engagement with their teams and the wider business.
- Work closely with the SLT to strategically develop their teams’ communications capability and manage communications in an integrated way to establish a set of behaviours that embrace a process and set standards for all communications efforts.
- Support and create guidance to help Finance achieve their communication and employee engagement objectives with appropriate and relevant training provided to team members to embed best practices and a strong framework for the future
- Support creating a culture of creativity, storytelling and ideation in Finance and embed initiatives and campaigns that support effective leadership, improve employee engagement and bring about positive behaviour change.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand, identify and advise on engagement opportunities and requirements.
- Support on producing and maintaining the delivery of content and analytics across multiple channels (Intranet, Finance HIVE, MS Teams channels, SharePoint sites, Yammer, Townhalls, monthly newsletters), communicating the Finance vision, changes, activities, and services.
- Monitoring and reporting progress of planned tasks, measuring communication effectiveness through analytic tools and pre-defined metrics (conduct impact analyses, assess engagement readiness and identify key stakeholders)
- Providing strategic insight and communications support for key internal changes, including engagement surveys.
- Work with relevant individuals (subject matter experts, product owners and product managers) to agree priorities and delivery roadmaps, supporting implementation of business change on time.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of Finance and support on coordinating events as required.
- Support other business areas within Beazley as and when required and time permits.
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere Beazley’s core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better, and Doing the Right Thing. We also expect Beazley employees to:
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct
- Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or Assurance Teams (Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or Assurance Teams (Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communicator, with superior written and verbal skills
- Ability to translate strategy into tangible and clear communications
- Excellent active listening skills with ability to influence outcomes and create buy-in for engagement
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences, ‘connecting the dots’ with broader company strategy and activities
- Effective time management and prioritising responsibilities while working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Effective planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Be decisive and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with strong stakeholder management
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns
- Previous experience with internal communications
- Experience with large-scale organisational change or transformation programmes
- Familiarity with change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience in managing risks and issues that emerge during project delivery
- Knowledge of design and comms tools such as Adobe, Canva, SharePoint, Yammer a bonus but not essential
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, very flexible, and enthusiastic
- Able to understand and articulate the strategic “big picture”.
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/colleagues/ external suppliers
- Technically innovative, a problem solver and solution builder.
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic.
- High energy and personal drive.
- Ability to work closely in a team environment and develop productive working relationships.
- Concern for quality
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Relationship building
- Communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Exceptional writing ability