Job Reference: 5621
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Division: Culture & People
Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Culture & People, all employees, external suppliers
Job Summary: To provide a high-quality payroll and HR service to all employees across Beazley.
- Process the end-to-end payroll for UK and Ireland payrolls and relevant reporting to ensure all employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Support the relationship with payroll third-party suppliers across relevant locations.
- Provide support as a backup resource for US and CAD payrolls.
- Help support global payroll processing in additional countries where required as Beazley grows.
- Keep up to date on legislative and tax changes and ensure Beazley adopts best practice in this regard.
- Ensure payroll systems are kept updated at all times including new hires, leavers, changes in terms, bank changes, etc.
- Support with secondee data and changes e.g. secondee data grids.
- Produce regular and ad hoc management information reports and payroll reports as required.
- Provide support to employees with payroll/benefits queries, etc. via our shared Culture & People inbox daily.
- Support P60, P11D and other annual processes.
- Process any EYU’s (Earlier Year Updates) with MHR and arrange for submission and payments as required.
- Assist with all internal and external payroll related audits, Operational Resilience and others.
- Investigate and process payroll invoices/reports.
- Assist our internal Employment Tax Manager with HMRC queries and reconciliations.
- Liaise with internal global benefits manager as needed for payrolled benefit changes, updates, life events, etc.
- Process monthly Darwin reimbursements via payroll as received and support the benefits manager with payroll questions, set up of earnings or deduction codes, etc. as needed.
- Support leaves and absences including Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental, Sick and Adoption from a payroll perspective.
- Support annual enrolment payroll changes in conjunction with the Benefits Manager.
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to Beazley’s core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better, and Doing the Right Thing – as they contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers. We also expect Beazley employees to:
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to manage processes simultaneously
- Advanced attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience driving advancements and improvements within processing and customer service delivery
- Previous UK payroll experience critical
- Previous European and/or US payroll experience desirable
- Knowledge of tax, HR policies and regulations desirable
- Customer service experience
- Understanding for the need for accurate and timely management information
Aptitude and Disposition
- Self-motivated, flexible and outcome focussed
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Customer & business focused
- Achievement drive
- Customer focus