Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance andreinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s – build a braver future with us.
Opportunity for a 4 day a week role in the Complaint Liaison team being a contact point between the Lloyd’s market and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to assist with the resolution of UK policyholder complaints that have already been reviewed by the Market but the policyholder remains dissatisfied with the outcome and has escalated their complaint for review by FOS. In addition, you will have responsibility for the handling of complaints referred to Department of Insurance (DOI) in the US.
Complaints against Lloyd’s underwriters are made against the Society of Lloyd’s and as such it is imperative that policyholder complaints are handled in an appropriate manner. Failures by managing agents and their representatives are referred to a senior member of the team and addressed on a case-by-case basis. This is a regulated activity.
This is a problem solving and decision making role that involves detailed discussions and negotiations with FOS, managing agents and their representatives and Lloyd’s Complaint Investigation Associates to ensure policyholder complaints reach a fair and reasonable outcome and the regulatory requirements of the FCA are met.
The role protects the Lloyd’s Brand by ensuring:
- Effective liaison with the Financial Ombudsman Service, including the provision of information, detailed, fact based negotiations and challenging their decision with and providing supporting evidence where it is felt their decision is inappropriate or fails to consider the facts of the case and regular review of open cases with FOS to ensure that Lloyd’s are aware of all decisions issued and cases are being progressed.
- Complaints referred to US Department of Insurance by policyholders are responded to appropriately and within the DOI deadline by managing agents or their representatives, failure to do so can result in actions being taken by the DOI with regard to Lloyd’s licenses.
- High profile or contentious issues are escalated as required as per internal guidelines
- To mentor and provide technical guidance to other case officers and to take a leading role within technical discussions and knowledge sharing.
- To build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through frontline and daily contact. These include FOS, managing agents, coverholders, delegated complaint administrators and other areas within the Policyholder and Third Party Oversight team.
- To take the lead in providing guidance to Lloyd’s policyholders and FOS and educate managing agents and their representatives on Lloyd’s, FCA and international regulatory requirements for the handling of UK and international complaints and FOS findings, via telephone, specific meetings and Lloyd’s Complaints Forum and to represent Lloyd’s Complaints team at external meetings and conferences.
- To ensure the update and maintenance of data in the Complaints Monitoring databases to ensure accuracy of UK and international regulatory reports, internal management information to both manage internal workloads and provide data to oversee the Lloyd’s Market and to correctly charge case fees.
- To identify and record non-compliance with the UK complaints code and international complaint handling requirements by managing agents and their representatives to allow for these issues to be addressed and escalated to Management team.
- To review on an ongoing basis work processes with a view to continual improvement in the handling of complaints.
- To ensure compliance with the requirements of Lloyd’s Complaints Protocol.
- To support the Complaint Governance and Investigation teams, including the investigation of complaints escalated by policyholders for review by Lloyd’s and the review and update of complaints handled by managing agents or their representatives
- To conduct monthly quality audit checks of individuals tasks for both Governance and Investigation function.
Please note this is a 4 day a week hybrid role split equally between Home and Office. We do not have the headcount to make this a 5 day a week position.
If you wish to confidentially discuss, please do contact Alison.Taylor@lloyds.com our Markets TA Partner.
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us – Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
We understand that our work/life balance is important to us all and that a hybrid of working from the office and home can offer a great level of flexibility. Flexible working forms part of a total reward approach which offers a host of other benefits over and above the standard offering (generous pension, healthcare, wellbeing etc). These include financial support for training, education & development, a benefit allowance (to spend on our flexible benefits such as gym membership, dental insurance, extra holiday or to partake in our cycle to work scheme), employee recognition scheme and various employee discount schemes.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.
Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments, please click the following link;
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy