AXA XL is the Property & Casualty risk division of AXA, created from the acquisition of XL Catlin in 2018. We partner with mid-sized to multinational clients to take their business further, with more than 30 lines of business to offer solutions for existing and emerging risks. With 9,000+ colleagues based in approximately 30 countries we are able to serve clients in more than 200 countries*.
This role supports the Head of Portfolio Governance in consolidating and monitoring the full range of quantitative risks across AXA XL and ensuring these are sufficiently controlled and communicated.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
• Support the Head of Portfolio Governance in the calculation and analysis of Economic Combined Ratios, Target Loss Ratios and related metrics that assess business performance on a risk-adjusted basis. Support the communication of their results to underwriting teams and respond to queries as required
• Sourcing and consolidation of risk information for Divisional ORSA and support in drafting the relevant documentation and presentations
• Support for the Second Opinion on the Business Plan through consolidation and analysis of planning information to identify the key risks and uncertainties to AXA XL. Support the production and presentation of the final report
• Support the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Risk Appetite Framework at AXA XL, including liaison with Group Risk Management and engagement with other departments to source exposures on an ongoing basis
• Support for the Head of Portfolio Governance and developing and maintaining such other Risk Management metrics and processes as may be required to ensure the ongoing stability of AXA XL
You will report to the Head of Portfolio Governance.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
• Track record in using quantitative analysis to assess risk
• Experience of actuarial analysis at a general insurance company preferred, although related actuarial or insurance experience considered
• Highly numerate and analytical with very good academic record
• Good written and verbal communication skills
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
• Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
• Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
• Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
• Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
• Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity. AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.