Claims Manager, London Reinsurance
As Claims Manager, London Reinsurance, you will lead a team of claim professionals responsible for handling International Casualty, US Casualty, Specialty and Property reinsurance claims for the UK, while providing technical advice and direction. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of claim handling across the team and delivering market leading services to internal customers (underwriters, actuaries, finance, etc.) and external clients (brokers and cedents). You will operate in a highly collaborative team environment to achieve shared corporate strategies and objectives.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Provide oversight of the day-to-day activity of the London claims team related to coverage analysis, investigation, evaluation, reserving and settlement, in accordance with Global Claims Handling guidelines, service standards and regulations.
- Manage the team with integrity and establish maintain a trusting, inclusive and productive environment.
- Supervise, direct, coach and develop the London claim professionals, including assessing performance and ensuring development plans are in place and actioned.
- Handle a small pending of International Casualty, US Casualty, Specialty, and Property excess of loss reinsurance claims on both London Market and Lloyd’s platforms.
- Ensure reserving philosophy is adhered to and reserves booked are in compliance with company protocols.
- Manage and track cedent claim review activity as a key service to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Collaborate with Underwriting and Actuarial teams in connection with claim issues, trends, review of reinsurance contract language and service standards.
- Drive analytics and data development for Underwriting and Actuarial through the identification and reporting on large exposures and claim trends.
- Manage internal and external audits, while ensuring company controls, reporting and procedures are in compliance.
- Conduct Quality Assurance reviews of London claim files to assess compliance with established claim handling protocols and identify training opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior brokers and market peers. Represent AXA XL and promote the brand at market meetings and industry events.
- Monitor trends and developments in International Casualty, US Casualty and Specialty claims and keep underwriters and actuaries up to date.
- Keep up to date with legal developments, i.e. relevant case law; new and developing precedents; changes in legislation that impacts the portfolios.
- Collaborate with members of the Global claims team on common claims and internal processes to ensure consistency.
You will report to Head of Claims, International Reinsurance.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Strong and diversified claims background in the (Re) Insurance industry with managerial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of International Casualty, US Casualty, Specialty and Property reinsurance claims as well as general business expertise. Ability to review large and complex claims, assess coverage and review financials.
- Demonstrated people management skills including a history of successfully developing talent to the next level and building successful teams.
- Demonstrated technical competence managing and evaluating large complex reinsurance claims.
- Robust analytical skills, problem-solving and sound judgment, including review of data and other types of business information, trends and drawing supported conclusion based on the data.
- Ability to operate in a collaborative environment, yet independently manage a team.
- Strong communication: Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, presentation and influencing skills.Able to communicate effectively internal and external at all levels.Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and efficiently manage concurrent responsibilities.
- Ethical approach: Have an impeccable reputation for ethics, integrity and the highest standards of professionalism.
- Familiar with CLASS / ECF2 and DOCOsoft.
- Proficient with all Microsoft products particularly Excel.Knowledge of basic formulas and pivot tables with ability to manipulate and summarise data.