Actuary - Portfolio Management, Metrics and Planning, Reinsurance
This role can be based in either UK or US.
We are looking for an Actuary who can focus on our Portfolio Management, Metrics and Planning to join the reinsurance pricing and analytics team. This role will give you the opportunity to take initiative, solve problems in creative and efficient ways and be responsible for the development of tools and processes to support data driven decision making across all reinsurance functions.
This is an ideal role if you have an Actuarial background and looking to develop further in how we can improve our processes, provide key business metrics, and support our planning within an internationally respected, strong growing reinsurance company.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Development of market-leading business intelligence and portfolio management dashboards to support data driven decision making throughout all areas of the reinsurance organization
- Support the reporting and continuous improvement of pricing metrics
- Provide the appropriate tools to support the annual budget and underwriting planning
- Design and implement a portfolio management framework to be operationalized on a quarterly basis
- Stay abreast of market/industry changes that may influence analyses and of new methodologies, software and data sources that may improve existing tools or lead to new opportunities
- Drive consistency where appropriate, in solution design and development
- Establish and leverage a strong network of relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop expertise in both internal and external data sources including linkage needed to build comprehensive analytical datasets;
- Perform light data engineering and exploratory data analysis to assess the viability of datasets to source tools
- Utilize effective data visualization to expose complicated data to end-users in a way that’s easy to interpret
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and information security requirements as well as pricing governance guidelines
You will report to Head of Pricing Operations.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- An actuarial background across non-life insurance or reinsurance pricing
- Qualification level – Qualified or Near qualified
- Effective communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Excellent technical aptitude with experience programming (R/Python, SQL, VBA, QlikView) and working with other technical teams (Ops & Tech)
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Applied Math, Statistics, or related field.
- Leadership skills to work collaboratively with colleagues to build consensus.
- Ability to think strategically