The Upstream Energy team are looking for someone to join them as an Underwriter. You might be an assistant underwriter ready for a promotion, or an established underwriter who is ready to gain depth and breadth of knowledge. This role offers the chance to learn from the best and gain comprehensive, professional experience from a diverse and varied portfolio of risks.
Upstream forms part of the wider London Energy team, which also includes Downstream & Power, Onshore Renewables and Energy Liability. Our client base includes operators, drilling contractors and other service providers to the energy sector, focusing on E&P business including construction projects and offshore renewable wind. In terms of size, our clients range from small independents to the largest oil institutions and national oil companies.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Review submissions including policy wordings, loss history and financial reports, and conduct appropriate research to determine degree of risk for each account.
- Calculate appropriate risk premium through use of a pricing model but also by consider the risk costs, underwriting and general administration costs in order to ensure profitability.
- Proactively advise, assist, service accounts and follow up on insurance matters to ensure satisfaction and fulfillment of insurance requirements.
- Effective relationship management internally and externally, to initiate opportunities for cross-selling offered products and ensuring account retention.
- Timely implementation of new and renewed accounts according to quality standards.
- Support the financial planning and forecasting process; monitor risk exposure within outlined limits; monitor premium income to ensure timely payment.
- Maintain awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement of claims.
You will report to a Senior Underwriter within Upstream, or the Underwriting manager Upstream, dependent on your experience.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant experience in the Upstream insurance world.
- Commercial / business acumen.
- Analytical, negotiation and sales/marketing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills:candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong insured and broker contacts.
- Be able to understand the AXA XL (or similar) business processes, strategy and planning.
- Collaborative team player who can think laterally and contribute ideas for problem resolution.