In line with our Global strategy and purpose, we have an opportunity for a Senior Data Product Owner to join the UK Transformation Programme, the largest business transformation programme at Allianz, it's purpose to harmonize, simplify and scale Allianz assets across the entire Group to the benefit of OEs, employees and, ultimately, customers. This is a massive undertaking in every respect that puts Allianz at the forefront of industry innovation.
The Senior Data Product Owner will be a lead member of the Product Owner Community and will help support and coach less experienced members of the team, whilst acting as the voice of business and customer in the Agile team, supporting change throughout the full development process from concept to delivery. Providing the team with the strategy and direction, evaluating all opportunities and prioritising what gets built through a well-managed, prioritised product backlog.
Collaborating closely with a diverse range of stakeholders, including Pricing, Underwriting, Architecture, Information Security, Data Protection, IT & Change, to gather key input and feedback, regularly discussing the progress and plans with stakeholders. Supporting and engaging with a dedicated team on a daily basis throughout the development lifecycle.
Skills & Experience:
- To be successful for the role you will have strong technical understanding of General Insurance end to end processes and products.
- Given your squad will be Data focused it would be useful if you have exposure to topics such as databases / data warehousing, Structured Query Language (SQL) and the Extract Transform Load (ETL) pattern.
- You will also ideally have experience of working with external parties as part of your product roadmap delivery.
- You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex or technical information in a simple way and when required the ability to Influence, negotiation when required.
- You will have leadership skills with the willingness to lead, motivate and inspire others to acgieve their full potential and to challange a status quo when required.
- You will be a self-motivated and driven to deliver and not afraid to take a risk-based approach to decision making.
- Agile / Project Management qualifications preferable
What’s in it for you:
This is an exciting time to join the Transformation Programme, we're in our 3rd year and writing the next chapter, which will revolutionise how we do business in the future. The expectation of the business is high, we work at pace and you'll be busy, however, this is a great opportunity to work with a highly talented team and showcase your expertise.
Here at Allianz helping you achieve a good work life balance is important to us, we believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity and you to excel. You’ll combine working from our Guildford office with working from home.
We have a fantastic benefits package which includes a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including: retail discounts, discounted insurance cover and our newly launched ElectriX car purchase scheme. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 30 days holiday & bank holidays
- Private Healthe Care
- Car Allowance
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous pension contributions and Life Cover up to 4 x salary
- A discount of up to 50% on a range of insurance products, including Car, Home and Pet
- Retail Discounts
- Excellent career development and training
Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.
Join Us - Let's care for tomorrow.
35990 | Project Management | Management | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent