Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance andreinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s – build a braver future with us.
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a strong sense of accountability?
If so, this Fixed Term Contract could be a great way to build skills, knowledge and experience for your career?
As a Complaints Handling Associate, you will play a vital role in ensuring that policyholder complaints are handled effectively and in accordance with regulatory requirements. With around 8,000 complaints received annually from both the UK and international markets, your contribution will have a significant impact on maintaining Lloyd's reputation for excellence.
- Assist in managing and overseeing the handling of policyholder complaints, ensuring compliance with Lloyd's standards, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules, and international regulatory requirements.
- Guide policyholders through the complaint process, providing support and assistance when needed.
- Monitor and manage data related to complaints, maintaining accuracy in the Complaints Monitoring database and generating reports for regulatory purposes.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including managing agents, coverholders, and delegated claims administrators, to ensure timely and appropriate complaint resolution. Identify non-compliance issues and escalate them to the management team for prompt resolution.
- Support policyholders in the aftermath of catastrophic events, helping them locate coverage and make claims.
- Comply with Lloyd's Complaints Protocol and adhere to prescribed regulatory deadlines. Collaborate with the wider Policyholder and Third Party Oversight team to provide support as needed.
- Assist the Complaint Liaison team in handling complaints referred to external dispute resolution bodies and regulatory authorities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to remain calm, objective, and diplomatic when handling difficult complaints under pressure. Strong analytical skills to review complaint files, identify discrepancies, and provide constructive feedback.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team, managing workloads to meet regulatory deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in interpreting policy wordings and insurance terminology. Confident, self-motivated, and proactive, with a track record of achievement.
- Effective communication skills, ensuring messages are conveyed clearly and understood by the audience. Strong time management abilities to deliver work according to standards and commitments.
- Capacity to empower and delegate tasks, fostering the development of colleagues. Team-player mindset, coupled with the ability to manage individual workload and operate autonomously.
Apply now and contribute to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and regulatory compliance in the handling of policyholder complaints.
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us – Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments, we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
We understand that our work/life balance is important to us all and that a hybrid of working from the office and home can offer a great level of flexibility. Flexible working forms part of a total reward approach which offers a host of other benefits over and above the standard offering (generous pension, healthcare, wellbeing etc). These include financial support for training, education & development, a benefit allowance (to spend on our flexible benefits such as gym membership, dental insurance, extra holiday or to partake in our cycle to work scheme), employee recognition scheme and various employee discount schemes.
By choosing Lloyd's, you'll be part of a team that brings together the best minds in the industry, and together with our underwriters and brokers, we create innovative, responsive solutions allowing us to share risk and solve complex problems.
Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments, please click the following link;
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy