Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
1What Is the Opportunity?
As part of the eTrade team you will support the Director of eTrade in developing and maintaining our eTrade products across all platforms. You will maintain strong relationships with our 3rd party platform provider, IT, SP&E and the underwriting community to ensure that our eTrade products are delivered to schedule and budget.
You will have a deep understanding of the mechanics of our eTrade products and use data and market insights to assist in the determination of the correct levers to pull to optimise our products and help our underwriting heads achieve their eTrade GWP targets.
Travelers Europe currently offers flexibility to employees who wish to work on a hybrid basis in accordance with our Hybrid Work Arrangements Policy. This entails full time employees working three days a week in the office and two days at home (or pro rata for part-time employees). This policy may be changed at the Company’s discretion.
What Will You Do?
- Product Build & Optimisation
- Subject matter expert in the design, development and testing of eTrade products, in collaboration with Underwriting, Pricing, Distribution, Compliance, Actuaries and Software Houses, and brokers, to ensure the specifications and data integration are accurate, fit for purpose and reflect TRV Underwriting appetite.
- Subject matter expert supporting UAT of eTrade product rules, rating and data enrichment integrations, including regression testing.
- Ensure adequate information is obtained through eTrade rules and referrals, including broker and trading feedback, to scrutinise the data and formulate considered, intelligent and complete recommendations to underwriting SMEs/business leadership for product optimisation.
- Continue to refine the TRV eTrade offering and develop capabilities that make us the carrier of choice for our broker partners
- Managing the error process to ensure all incidents are triaged, reported, pro-actively followed up and fixed applied according to SLA’s in place.
- Be the owner of the eTrade dashboard and liaise with IBIA to ensure that new product data is present and consumable
- Assist the Head of eTrade with creating performance metrics and KPIs for eTrade
- Evaluate and measure the success of change requests and play these back to the underwriting heads
- Business Readiness
- Work closely with the Director of eTrade to ensure that all functional areas are ready for the launch of a new product or significant optimisations. Including product and system training for the relevant trading teams, processes documented, marketing and distribution strategies in place and ready to be executed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience of working in commercial or syndicate insurance.
- Experience in the eTrade segment of the market either underwriting or product delivery.
- Ability to analyse large data sets and formulate hypothesise.
- Good understanding and practice of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of third-party SaaS systems such as Acturis.
- Knowledge of agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Rally, Jira, Kanban).
- Confident with working at all levels of the organization with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and report writing.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems whilst working well in a team environment.
What is a Must Have?
- Previous experience of working in the SME Insurance sector
What Is in It for You?
- Private Medical Insurance: On commencement of employment, you are eligible for single cover provided by Travelers, with the option to add cover for your dependents, at your expense through payroll deduction.
- Retirement: Travelers will make a basic contribution of 9% of pensionable salary to your Group Personal Pension Plan (“GPPP”). If you decide to contribute an additional amount from your salary, you will receive an increased company contribution up to a maximum of 3%. This would bring the total company contribution to 12%.
- Holiday Entitlement: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 25 days holiday entitlement annually, plus the opportunity to purchase additional days to allow for up to a total of 35 holidays per year.
- Wellness Programme: The Travelers wellness programme is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Employee Assistance programme provides access to professional counselling services and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through the EAP, you’re eligible for five free counselling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards programme that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.