HR Projects and Compliance Partner
This role supports the strategic goals of AXA XL working closely with the UK & Lloyds business unit leaders and colleagues across the UK region to proactively manage the HR compliance of internal and external regulatory requirements. The role will also be responsible for supporting the project management of strategic initiatives aligned to the UK Regional HR Operational Plan.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
· Coordinating activity across the HR Function to ensure that all operational requirements in support of both the region and the UK legal entities are in place and managed effectively. Ensure collaboration with HR colleagues globally and locally to manage risks, issues and procedural matters relating to those legal entities.
· Partner with our Compliance and Legal departments to ensure clear accountability and responsibility between functions, including mapping and agreeing handover points for key processes.
· Embed a process and ensure a system of record to maintain regulatory organizational charts and succession plans for our UK entities.
· Coordinate and submit regular Board and Executive Committee-related documentation. Follow up on board-requested actions with relevant parties.
· Partner with the CHRO on the appointment process for new Board members, Executive Directors, and Non-Executive Directors including ensuring the relevant background checks are conducted.
· Stay focused on the changing legal and regulatory landscape and ensure HR Leaders and stakeholders are aware of key trends, e.g. development of Board Diversity Policies, Gender Pay Gap reporting.
· Conduct scheduled HR compliance assessments and audits and checks on systems, records, contracts etc. to avoid any legal liabilities and risk to reputation. Analyse results and provide formal and informal reports of findings, including recommendations for improvement. Effectively communicate findings to manager, colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders and customers, and assist with related corrective action as needed.
· Conduct regular gap analysis on current compliance-related HR processes and recommend change where necessary.
· HR point of contact for Annual Legal Entity Risk and Data Protection assessments.
· Conduct a regular and routine review of HR policies and practices to keep on top of our HR regulation compliance, and make recommendations to the policy owners.
· Work with the HR COO, UK and CHRO UK to develop an annual HR operational planning process in order to provide a forward-thinking, best-in-class HR service to the business with initiatives aligned to the strategic goals of the UK region.
· Project manage strategic initiatives as part of the UK operational plan, working with HR colleagues throughout the region and globally to deliver outcomes which help drive AXA XL forward.
· Provide support where needed on HR-related projects or ad hoc queries for the UK region.
· Collaborate closely with the Centers of Excellence to ensure the business unit is fully compliant with internal controls and AXA Standards.
What interactions are there?
· Reports to the HR COO, UK
· Alignment to the Head of Global HR Risk, Audit, Governance & Compliance as well as other HR Compliance & Projects Partner
· Partnership across the Global HR team related to HR regulatory requirements and also all operational plan activities
· Partnerships with HRBPs and local HR to be able to flag issues early to the leadership
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
· Effective organisational and planning skills
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Ability to translate regulatory requirements into concrete action plans for the UK HR team
· Ability to monitor, track and report key risk areas
· Project management experience desirable
· Knowledge of UK regulatory frameworks
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a comprehensive and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Inclusion & Diversity
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance, and retain the most diverse workforce possible while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
· Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability, and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
· Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
· Enhanced family-friendly leave benefits
· Named in the Diversity Best Practices Index
· Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
· Signatory to the Race at Work Charter
Learn more at axaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity.
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called “Roots of resilience”, focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Valuing nature: How we impact nature affects how nature impacts us. Resilient ecosystems - the foundation of a sustainable planet and society – are essential to our future. We are committed to protecting and restoring nature – from mangrove forests to the bees in our backyard – by increasing biodiversity awareness and inspiring clients and colleagues to put nature at the heart of their plans.
- Addressing climate change: The effects of a changing climate are far-reaching and significant. Unpredictable weather, increasing temperatures, and rising sea levels cause both social inequalities and environmental disruption. We are building a net zero strategy, developing insurance products and services, and mobilizing to advance thought leadership and investment in societal-led solutions.
- Integrating ESG: All companies have a role to play in building a more resilient future. Incorporating ESG considerations into our internal processes and practices builds resilience from the roots of our business. We’re training our colleagues, engaging our external partners, and evolving our sustainability governance and reporting.
- AXA Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as AXA XL’s “Hearts in Action” programs. These include our Matching Gifts program, Volunteering Leave, and our annual volunteering day – the Global Day of Giving.
For more information, please see axaxl.com/sustainability.