Intermediate / Mid
Apollo Strategic Partner Syndicates (SPS) is in its third year, and offers managing agency services to selected Strategic Partners who want to establish a syndicate at Lloyd’s without their own managing agent. We are now seeking a reserving professional, reporting to the Head of Reserving, to provide reserving analysis and required support for our Strategic Partner Syndicates.
Reserving requirements will be tailored for each SPS based upon the strategic partners' actuarial resource, ranging from completing a full reserving analysis to peer review and challenge of our strategic partners analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Complete the quarterly reserving process for our SPSs. This will include data management and management reporting
- Refine the Apollo reserving process and ensure it is fit for purpose for the individual SPSs.
- Instigate tactical “deep dive” reviews into segments of the business where performance was out of line with expectation.
- Produce the first draft of the Actuarial Function Report (AFR) for the SPSs.
- Engage with the SAO providers and auditors.
- Complete Solvency II reserving/Technical Provisions calculations for our SPSs where required.
- Complete US Situs Trustfund calculation for our SPSs where required.
- Research and implement the use of Market benchmarks, where appropriate and available
- Assist in the development of MI requirements and reporting for senior management and Lloyd’s
- Assist, where appropriate in the analysis of new lines of business
- Openness, integrity and professionalism with all Apollo staff and also with regulators
- Assist in ensuring that the feedback loop between capital, reserving and pricing is working effectively and efficiently.
What we are looking for:
- Fully / partially qualified actuary
- Experience in reserving, preferably in the Lloyd’s Market
- Process efficiency & automation
- SQL experience
- Creative with the ability to solve problems
- Knowledge of current economic and professional technical trends and issues
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication