Entry-level / Junior
The Service Desk Engineer is the first point of contact between IT, our business customers and primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality technical support.
Working alongside Infrastructure, Application Support and Data teams, the Service Desk Engineer is key in communication, workload management, and representation of IT to our wider company ensuring our priorities continue to align with the needs of the business.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate or individual interested in beginning their IT career at a fast growing London Market insurance company.
What you’ll do:
In this hands-on, business facing role you will be dealing with a variety of technical challenges including but not limited to Microsoft, Apple, and Android hardware. Following requests in a structured and process driven manner will also form a large part of your daily workload with key responsibilities centered around our Joiner/Mover/Leaver processes.
- Be a credible representative (or “ambassador”) of IT as the first point of contact to facilitate the provision of high-quality 1st and 2nd line support.
- To assist in the provision of “white glove” support particularly in relation to our senior C-suite level management team.
- Ownership of the ticket lifecycle from beginning to end, with clear understanding of internal/ external escalation points.
- Liaison with 3rd Party vendors, with a view to ensuring our customers receive the highest level of support.
- Cyber security threat identification with a view to ensuring IT systems are protected and any/ all concerns are escalated accordingly.
- Adaptable to fast-moving change in an evolving environment plus an ability to see the bigger picture in terms of priorities and deliverables on a given day.
- Produce and maintain high quality team documentation in line with management expectations.
- Support of computer hardware; laptops, and smartphones
- Support and administration of cloud based and on-premises software.
- Printer troubleshooting and maintenance tasks.
What we are looking for:
Alongside naturally strong technical skills, you will possess an ability to break down complex technical language and liaise in a friendly, personable manner with customers. A natural curiosity for the latest technology trends, a passion for problem solving and the ability to see the bigger picture when dealing with any aspect of your workload are also natural attributes of any successful candidate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- An ability to work within established, approval-driven processes and procedures.
- Meticulous attention to detail and creative problem-solving abilities,
- Teamwork centric with a focus on delivering support in a friendly manner.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework advantageous.