The Role: Group Risk & Compliance Regulatory Change and Policy Manager
An opportunity for a GRC Regulatory Change and Policy Manager to join PIB Group within our Group Risk & Compliance function. The role sits within GRC (2LOD) in the Compliance team and reports to the Group Head of Compliance (GHOC) who reports to the Group CRO. This role can be based from any of our UK offices and offer great flexible working.
- Support GRC and the business by keeping abreast of regulatory developments and publications from the FCA and also other relevant bodies e.g. BIBA, CMA, EIOPA, Lloyd’s and review and analyse that information and summarise the developments for key stakeholders including senior management and outline the potential impact and actions that may need to considered/taken
- Material Developments, the Regulatory Change and Policy Manager will develop tools e.g. gap analyses to support the business assess in detail the implications for their area and planning templates
- Work closely with the Group Head of Compliance and Group Conduct Officers to coordinate resulting actions
- Improve and develop additional policies and procedures as the PIB Group Risk & Compliance function continues to develop and the regulatory landscape continues to change
- Responsible for ensuring there is appropriate communication and training for policies
- Ensuring policies have sufficient visibility and profile and are tailored to their audience is a key focus of this role
- Ensuring that policies, training and other tools such as FAQs, posters etc. help stakeholders understand what is required of them
- Previous experience of undertaking a similar role ideally in other insurance intermediaries or commercial Insurers.
- 5+ years compliance experience covering core areas including PROD, T&C, ICOBS, Conduct Risk, COI, financial promotions, complaints, gifts and hospitality, SMCR, regulatory relationships, incentives etc.
- Knowledge of and is familiar with delegated authority procedures and an awareness of Lloyd’s processes would be an advantage
- Confident, persuasive and articulate communicator and capable of robust dialogue;
- Proven track record in working with the business to implement regulatory improvement and change;
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation including the IDD, and various distribution methods including B2B and B2C via face to face, distance and web-based sales.
- Knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and financial crime would be is desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of risk management principles and practice would be beneficial
- Educated to degree level, ACII or compliance qualification would be an advantage
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing environment across a wide range of subject matter and business operations and working autonomously and as a member of the team.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- If supporting the local community, engaging with charities and having the opportunity to ‘give something back’ interests you, you have the opportunity to take an extra day to support this with a Volunteering day.
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Work For Us?
PIB Group is a dynamic independent insurance intermediary group that provides specialist commercial insurance solutions across the UK market and beyond. Launched in 2015, PIB has grown rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the insurance market. The PIB Group offers a range of specialist teams, products and services to clients throughout the UK, Channel Islands, Ireland, Germany and Poland.
Are you interested in becoming a valued member of the driving force behind our success? If you're looking to take the next exciting step in your career with an ambitious company then PIB Group could be a career destination for you. PIB has many qualities that make it special, especially our culture. As an employer, we aim to make PIB a great place to work and care about the things that our people tell us are important to them and motivates them to go the extra mile.