IT Infrastructure Engineer
To provide 2nd / 3rd line technical onsite and remote support for Group Offices in Lincoln and Chester across all elements of our technology and infrastructure estate, including:
- Servers (Linux and Microsoft)
- Telephony (Mobile/PBX/VOiP/Audio & Video Conferencing/Contact Centre/Unified Comms)
- Managed Print Services
- Networks (WAN/LAN/WiFi)
- Security Tooling
- Identity Access Management
- Email, Storage, Domain & Certificate Management
- Cloud Services (AWS / Azure)
- Database Services
- Application Services
Supporting the management and maintenance of well performing and cost-effective technology, applications, and infrastructure solutions; identifying and resolving any outages or performance issues both internally and externally.
Supporting IT migrations, site relocations, integration projects and continuous improvement activity as part of PIB Group integration programmes of work and/or the wider IT integration programme of work.
- Interface between internal end users and Executive level staff, external suppliers, and the IT help desk and responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships and processes.
- Support the effective delivery, high performance and high availability of the Group systems and services.
- Provide onsite and remote support for Group Offices based in Lincoln and Chester including out of hours support.
- Delivery of assigned tasks and escalations from our internal teams and the IT help desk.
- Ensure all migration, relocation and integration activity is performed to a high standard, maintaining pro-active engagement and communication with all key stakeholders.
- Work independently and within the team to ensure all tasks are delivered to a high degree of accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Ensuring all agreed SLAs are met, both internally and externally, and ensuring any breaches are escalated and managed appropriately.
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- A Level or Degree
- Any other professional qualifications.
- Demonstrable experience within a busy IT support environment.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Extensive Knowledge of Server OS systems including Linux and Microsoft both physical and virtual.
- Extensive Knowledge of WAN, LAN and wireless networks
- DNS, Domain and Certificate Management
- Technical Support / Problem Solving
- Knowledge of: Cloud Platforms (AWS /Azure), Linux, Microsoft, Android and iOS systems and technology, Wide Area Network, Firewalls, TCP/IP, VOIP Telephony, SaaS
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management capability
- Proactive problem solver and independent thinker.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think laterally
- Commercial acumen
- Working within a matrixed team
- Can prioritise and manage a demanding and agile workload.
- Resilient and positive
- Structured and organised
- Collaborative team player
- Proactive quick learner
- Flexibility to travel
- Technology & Infrastructure migrations.
- User access management in a multisite environment.
- SaaS management.
- Video Conferencing Platforms
- Security Tooling
- Regulatory compliance
- Identity Access Management
- Printers /MFD’s
- LAMP Stack
As well as a. competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- If supporting the local community, engaging with charities and having the opportunity to ‘give something back’ interests you, you have the opportunity to take an extra day to support this with a Volunteering day.
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Work For Us?
PIB Group is a dynamic independent insurance intermediary group that provides specialist commercial insurance solutions across the UK market and beyond. Launched in 2015, PIB has grown rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the insurance market. The PIB Group offers a range of specialist teams, products and services to clients throughout the UK, Channel Islands, Ireland, Germany and Poland.
Are you interested in becoming a valued member of the driving force behind our success? If you're looking to take the next exciting step in your career with an ambitious company then PIB Group could be a career destination for you. PIB has many qualities that make it special, especially our culture. As an employer, we aim to make PIB a great place to work and care about the things that our people tell us are important to them and motivates them to go the extra mile.